For 10 months of 2019, 37 positive cases of anti-doping rule violation were identified.
As Zakon.kz reports, the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan passed in two readings bill “On Amendments and Additions to Some Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Physical Culture and Sports”, which stipulates toughening the responsibility for the use, administration and distribution of prohibited drugs and substances.
In particular, the introduction of administrative responsibility in respect of persons who administer performance-enhancing drugs to an athlete, which provides a fine of 200 monthly specified rates.
However, the use of performance-enhancing drugs provides the following:
- annulment of a sports result and withdrawal of an athlete’s qualification points or scores ;
- refund of money reward;
- termination of payment of the life-long monthly material support to athletes and coaches;
- termination of the monthly financial allowance to athletes, coaches and heads of club teams;
- deprivation of a sports title;
- termination of the contract for the use of dwelling with a champion and winner of the Olympic, Paralympic and Deaflympic Games;
- exclusion of athletes, coaches from the national teams and staff picked teams of the Republic of Kazakhstan according to types of sports.
The draft law also provides the assignment of dwelling to champions and prize-winners of the Olympic, Paralympic and Deaflympic Games for rental for a period of 10 years, as well as a freeze for the alienation of this dwelling for the same period, due to the fact that the storage period for doping tests is 10 years, and if during this period no performance-enhancing drugs are detected in the tests, the dwelling will be transferred into the ownership of an athlete.
Moreover, in the event of the death of an athlete of the Republic of Kazakhstan, who is a champion or winner of the Olympic, Paralympic and Deaflympic Games, regardless of the result of the doping test, the heirs of the deceased shall be provided with free dwelling.
Every year, the National Anti-Doping Center conducts a sampling of 3,000 bioassays. Since 2013, 307 cases of the use of performance-enhancing drugs by Kazakhstani athletes have been identified.
In addition, for 10 months of 2019, 37 positive cases of anti-doping rule violations were identified.